Sunday, April 13, 2008

Indonesia Banned Youtube??

I heard from my friend that Indonesian government banned youtube and spent billions for this. The reason that the government banned youtube was because the controversial movie titled 'FITNA'. I've watched the movie and I agree that this movie is too offensive to islamic and this could start a war among religions on earth. However, I won't talk much about the movie itself.

I don't really understand what is the Indonesian government doing by banning youtube. I mean, they spent so much money for it and somehow I feel that they are not updated about how good internet is. Around one or two days after they started banning youtube, people had already known the other way to access youtube by accessing it from another website. Money had been spent, but I can say, for nothing. They just wasted country's money for nothing.

The government should have asked youtube personally to remove the video from it website rather than spending money to prohibit Indonesian accessing youtube.

4 comments:

Su Mon said...

Yes , they are kind of stupid ... same for my country i did not understand why the government does not allow the citizen to use the internet widely .. a lot of restrictions..... Don't really understand the reason behind it

Syeda said...

haha..thats so weird...I would die if I was to be in Indonesia now:P

Brad Blackstone said...

This is an interesting post, Pascal. I have not yet heard the news. We should check to make sure it is true.

I think it will be hard to ban, or impossible. But it would be even harder for the Indonesian government to force the YouTube people to remove it.

Thank you again for all your blogging this term, and for your hard work. I know that improving English writing can be a struggle. But don't worry. It's simply a function of time and interest.

Best of luck in your future!

Kwon Hyuk Jin said...

What a news... I hope everyone would respect everyone, every culture and every religion in the future.