Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Busy Days in NUS

Whoa..Suddenly my days in NUS become really busy. I don't feel like having 24 hours for 1 day. I wake up in the morning, having classes, lunch, more classes, dinner, and suddenly it's already evening. I’ve been wondering what I use my day for. I’m not playing games or chatting lately and I’ve been trying to use my time as effective as I can. Somehow I still lack of time and I even can hardly have time to study and review my modules.

I also feel lost for some of my modules even though I’ve never skipped their lectures and tutorials. I just cannot understand what the lecturers are talking about and they move to the next chapter before I can even figure out and understand the previous chapter (Maybe I’m a bit hyperbolic. I understand what they’re talking about because they use English, but still I cannot understand the concepts that they are trying to teach).

I’ve been trying to catch up my modules, but I also have many projects and tutorials to be done and of course, I’ll choose to do tutorials and projects because their deadlines are coming soon.

Now it’s week 5 already and mid-term tests are around the corner. I’m really not ready for mid-term tests. I’m asking myself now, what have I learned from week 1 until now??

I guess I need more holidays so that I can have more time to study (even though it’s really difficult to study in a holiday).

I’ve just realized that maybe time does not really fly that fast, but there are just too many works to be done and most of the works need a lot of time. One of my module, CS1102C (C++ programming) really consumes my time with its weekly lab. The lab question is quite difficult and it can’t be finished in an hour or two (Lab 2 even roughly took me 2 days++).

It is Valentine already now (02:20 AM), but I doubt that I’ll be able to have time even for myself. Math Lab in the morning, EG1471 presentation right after the lab, CS1102C sit-in lab (this one is really scary....), and lecture until around 5pm.

I do not hope much for this valentine with my schedule for today. I’m just hoping for one or two good things to happen to me to brighten up my valentine a bit (I’ll really need it after my day).

I have to sleep now and rest myself for tomorrow (or should I say today? Haha..)

by the way, Happy Valentine all!!


I don't think of the past. The only thing that matters is the everlasting present.

W. Somerset Maugham, The Moon and Sixpence
English dramatist & novelist (1874 - 1965)

4 comments:

kazima said...

EE's lecturers alway teach mach faster than the speed we can accept.
Ofcourse most of us are suffering......
Hoping us will have a good luck in mid-term test!!!
加油吧!!!

ps: year 2 is much more deadly killing suffering!!!!!!be prepared for it!!

Syeda said...

O no!!!I am so scared..I always am..but after reading your post I am more scared and after Shiyi's comment its more than the most...I...I...:(

Brad Blackstone said...

Thanks for the post! Now I look forward to your paragraphs!

verison said...

going to hell soon......

more and more miserable days are on the way......